FreeSWITCH is software that can be used to build a private branch exchange (PBX) system. It also comes with pre-configured modules for voice and video calls, faxing, messaging, and other features.
FreeSWITCH is open source software that has been around for quite some time now. It has gained popularity in the recent years due to its versatility and ease of use.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install FreeSWITCH PBX on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS without any hassle. The tutorial also covers the basic configuration steps such as setting up extensions and dial plan.
Install FreeSWITCH PBX on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
FreeSWITCH is free and open-source voice communications software that supports SIP, H.323, IAX2, and T.38 protocols. It also includes a graphical user interface (GUI) for easy configuration and administration of the switch. This guide will help you install FreeSWITCH on your Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server by following the steps below:
- Download the latest release of FreeSWITCH from its website: https://www.freeswitch.org/
- Extract the downloaded archive file to a temporary directory: cd /tmptar -xzvf freesswitch-x_y_z-linux-gnu-stable-amd64.tar
- Change directories into the newly created directory: cd freesswitch*
- Run make all
How to Create a User in FreeSWITCH PBX
A FreeSWITCH PBX is a software-based phone system. It uses the open-source Asterisk platform and is designed to be highly scalable and easy to use.
This guide will teach you how to create a user account in FreeSWITCH PBX, with instructions on how to add users, create new user ids, manage permissions, and more.
When creating a user account in FreeSWITCH PBX, you must first specify the following information:
- The username of the account (the username will be seen by all other users)
- The password for the account (the password must be at least 8 characters long)
- A description of the type of phone system or device that you are using
How to Change the Hostname of FreeSWITCH PBX
Changing the hostname of FreeSWITCH PBX is a simple process. You can do this with a command line interface.
- To change the hostname of your FreeSWITCH PBX, follow these steps:
- Open a terminal and type the following command:
- Enter your current hostname (e.g., “myhost”) in the first field, and then type “hostname” in the second field to find out what your new hostname will be. For example, if you’re currently using myhost as your hostname, you’ll see myhost listed in the first field and “mynewhost” listed in the second field after typing “hostname”.
- Type “yes” to confirm that you want to change your hostname; otherwise, type “no” to stop changing it.
- Type “/etc/init.d/freebsd-sbin restart” followed by pressing enter or return key on
How to Remove a Port from FreeSWITCH PBX
This guide will show you how to remove a port from the FreeSWITCH PBX.
FreeSWITCH is an open-source, cross-platform, software-based PBX that can be used to create private and public telephony networks. It is written in C++ and uses the Lua scripting language for its voice application programming interface (API).
If you are running FreeSWITCH on a Linux system, you can remove a port by following these steps:
- Open a terminal window by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T or selecting Applications > Accessories > Terminal from the menu bar.
- Change directory into /var/lib/freevx/ports
- Delete the file corresponding to the port that you want to delete:
- If it was removed in January 2022 or earlier, it would be named “202201010000”
- If it was removed in February 2022 or later, it would be named “202
Which is the Best Phone Number for Your Business?
The best phone number for your business can vary depending on the industry and size of your company. If you are a small business or a sole proprietor, you should consider using your own number.
If you have a large company with multiple offices, it is best to use the default gateway in network settings. The default gateway is what will be called when someone dials your phone number and it will connect them to the correct office.
The process of setting up your New FreeSWITCH PBX is not difficult, but it does require a little planning and effort. If you have any questions or need more help, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
The final conclusion In this article, we give some helpful tips to get you started with your New FreeSWITCH PBX. We hope that these tips will help you make your first call from the setup!